Friday, October 8, 2010

W/A Fan Letters

Weekend Assignment #328: Fan Letters

How about a lighter topic this week? Let's talk about FAN LETTERS. I have never personally written one, because the one time I attempted to, it came off, well, sounding kinda weird! LOL. Apparently I have NO talent for them at all! Nope. Nope. Nope. But how about you? Have you ever written a successful FAN LETTER? If so, tell us about your experience. Did you hear back from the celebrity? Was it a positive experience? Tell us all about it.

In 2005, I began watching CSI: Las Vegas. The show had been running for five years and a fandom was well established. I fell in love with the subtle relationship between Sara Sidle (Jorja Fox) and Gil Grissom (Billy Peterson). I also came to respect Jorja Fox for the charitable work she did in her off-time and sticking to her own style. I decided to write a letter to Jorja to let her know that I really enjoyed her acting and I thought that she was a pretty awesome woman. To my surprise, months later I received a signed photo.


Extra Credit: Write a one paragraph FAN LETTER to your favorite celebrity.

Lucy Lawless:
Thank you for the years you spent as Xena and for all the hard work that you put in that allows me to enjoy the show even these many years later. I love your sense of humor and the dedication and love you share with your fans. I am always excited to see what new projects you are in, from “Spartacus” to “Battlestar Galactica” to “Locusts”. It’s so enjoyable to see the variety of projects you undertake and the showcasing of your many skills. Ultimately, I want to thank you for sharing your talents with the world. Please don’t stop!

Original post

No comments:

Post a Comment