Friday, May 28, 2010

Merry meet and merry part

When I first graduated from university, I found that without the structure of classes I spent most of my time chatting in online forums. I was very active in the CSI fandom and rediscovering the Xena fandom. This lasted for the better part of a year and outside of my roommates I did not socialize greatly. Once I began expanding my social circle for the first time since entering university I found that there were many different venues to meet up to socialize. I found within myself a Martha Stewart that loved to cook and host friends at my apartment.

I have been at my place of employment hard on the heels of graduating university and so have gotten to know my coworkers. I am one of the youngest people in this office and it is interesting to see how age dynamics can play out in relationships outside the office. There are only a few that meet up regularly outside of the office. Though lunches and Friday night rounds are not uncommon, perhaps because we are in the mining industry and so wining and dining is a regular part of the work place. I’m lucky to like all my co-workers.

Weekend Assignment

No comments:

Post a Comment