Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Four, Five and Six

I read an article a while back suggesting that we put an undue amount of weight on the concept of “suitable atmosphere” for human life to exist on other planets. It was a very interesting read because it made obvious points that we take for granted about Earth because we have adapted to the environment or made changes to the environment to suit our needs. Beginning with just the sheer surface area of Earth that is covered with water versus land and moving on to the necessary adaptations of our clothing, houses, air conditioning and heating. We are a fragile species.

I don’t know why it is, but I love, love, love Tegan and Sara’s song “Living Room”. Thanks to youtube I have now heard it played live and how they change it as the years have gone by. Still, I cannot get over how much I love the original studio version of this song. A girl I had a crush on in one of my university courses made me two mix cd’s and I made her a mix cd as well. (The catalog of evidence for Kirsten is Socially Awkward is vast.) She introduced me to Tegan and Sara.


When I was a kid, I was convinced there was a house downtown where my family had visited and I had played in the yard. For years I believed this until one day I pointed out the house to my mom and asked who we had visited. Turns out the memory was just a dream I’d had. Sometimes I think of the last summer I worked in Truckee and the time I had dinner, sushi, with a co-worker and we went back to her place. I remember having a drink, flirting and teasing. Nothing happened and I drove home late.

No comments:

Post a Comment