Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sherlockians!

One of the things that amazing!L and I have in common is our love for Sherlock Holmes and the BBC productions of the Sherlock stories with Jeremy Brett. This past summer I purchased the complete DVD collection of the Jeremy Brett series. We watched several dvds before she returned to school and we picked up where we left off this Christmas break. I was very happy to find a Sherlock Holmes trivia book link here that was a gift from Santa to amazing!L and me. :)

After we watched each episode, we would play the quizzes. It turns out we're deductive geniuses -- available for consultations on such important cases as missing keys, etc etc. It was a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to resuming this summer. (As a side note, bonus points for the BBC productions because they are really great with the details.)

We had planned to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie together and in anticipation we watched the first movie on Christmas Day. Time being what it is, we didn't quite fit it in. So today, as I browsed a book store while talking with amazing!L as she boarded her plane I happened across two new Sherlock inspired novels:
Sherlockian (Synopsis) and
Dust and Shadow (Synopsis)

I picked up "Dust and Shadow" and decided to view the new Sherlock movie before going home again. As one might imagine the theatre was rather busy so I had to wait, reading my new Sherlock novel, before the next viewing. It was very meta. :) I had an empty seat next to me and so I imagined that amazing!L was seated next to me sharing in the experience.

It was a very Sherlock Christmas...and I'm so glad that it wasn't any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment