Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Where's your buggy whip? w/a

I frequently use phrases or words that are not in common usage. (My use of beanie to refer to a hat other than one with a propeller is an inverse attempt to grant a new definition to an antiquated one.)

Typically however, I do not collect items which have become useless. I collect words but they are always of use.

I do desire to possess a typewriter but until such time as no supplies are available such an item is not truly useless yet.

I wonder how much truly remains without purpose as we continually rediscover the ways of years past. Considering the field of computer support or technological innovation – continual education is the standard. You would be unable to succeed in your job if you were to work based solely off the information learned in high school and a presumed bachelor’s degree.

Most jobs require that the employee continue to adapt to new rules, new standards and new duties. Fixed roles within an industry just seem weak to me and not ones that are likely to attract long term employees. There are many people who work in car factories, or factories of any kind, that might dispute my claim.

Weekend Assignment

No comments:

Post a Comment