Friday, April 16, 2010

Things I've learned...

There are some stories that just live on and for as long as I’m in the running community, I know this is one that will stick with me. I was very late arriving to my second half marathon, alarms were set to the afternoon instead of morning, and though the saga of arriving to the start is a story in its own right it is the bathroom visit that has its own notoriety. Along the route were port-o-potties but they all had lineups so I made the decision, based off of other’s experience!, to dash into the Waterfront Renaissance Hotel to use their facilities. This detour lost me time that would have seen me finish the half in 2:15 – my goal time. I wrapped up my point succinctly for the clinic last night:

If you set your alarms for the PM instead of the AM and have no time for your morning BM…you will feel shame when you have to stop for a bathroom break. And for everyone’s reference – the bathrooms in the Waterfront Renaissance are to the back, on the right and no, there is no concierge!

1 comment:

  1. I do that a lot. But I've never missed a morning BM because of it. That is new to me.

    ReplyDelete