Monday, January 3, 2011

Take Five

So for those who are keeping track, this is actually take three at writing here each day, each year. But Take Five is a fun jazz song and it’s my blog so here we are. I’ve got some big goals for 2011 and they mostly revolve around accountability to myself. As I just spent the day completing a puzzle instead of cleaning I think some system is needed.

I’ve read some interesting articles about multi-tasking, efficiency and how our brains work. The information also tied in the ability to act with self restraint and making choices that will not grant immediate gratification. By considering the longer course and acting in the best interests of a long term plan, the brain is stimulated to process in a more efficient manner.

In other words, not only are the results better for the person but they also make the person a better problem solver. I can see the long term plan but time and again I will choose the short term benefit. This year I would like to challenge myself; if 2010 was the year in which I learned how easy it is to regress, I want 2011 to forge a new direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment