Friday, September 11, 2009

leaf, or: how the title of my poem is actually the poem and not the title. leaf.

Twist and pull, give and take
Stretched out and elongated spine
Arms and breasts high
Eyes drawn closed
Draw down the lines
My jaw
My cheek
My collarbone

My desires
My heart
My mind
Draw down the lines
Lips parted to speak
Words brought so low
Coiled tight and unexpressed
Give and take, twist and pull

Too hasty
To draw down the lines

//

Free form
Flying form
From free fall
Through it all
To be so grounded
Just
Stopped
Want to pick up and go
Wings at my feet and
Soar
Should I feel so sore
Attribute that lacking
To lack of practice
Stop the useless mutterings
Stand up
Tall
And so bare
Without cringing, flinching, censure
Tall
And so standing
Stand free to bow
Down to the ground
Grounded
Pinioned myself
Yet yearning still.

No comments:

Post a Comment