Monday, April 20, 2009

Fantasyland

I have enjoyed fantasy and science fiction all my life though I have preferred fantasy. Through the veil of words, I glimpsed our world. Amidst the humor, SG1’s 200th episode made a very salient point:

“Science fiction is an existential metaphor that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said, ‘Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinded critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.’”

This resounded within my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Bahahaha - from your friend who does not love sci-fi and/or space shows - but is pleased that you enjoy them (just don't make me watch them:))

    ReplyDelete